Lamb and green bean salad
A simple, easy and cost effective mid-week meal.
|2||Lemons, juice and 2 finely grated rind of 2 lemons|
|600 g||Lamb steaks|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|500 g||Green beans, trimmed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 bunch||Radish, trimmed and halved|
|150 g||Feta, crumbled|
|¼ cup||Mint leaves, fresh, torn|
- Place lamb in a shallow ceramic or glass dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil. Cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Blend all dressing ingredients together.
- Cook beans in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and plunge into ice-cold water to cool.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, brown, then cook to your preference and set aside.
- Drain beans, arrange on a serving platter and scatter with radish halves. Slice warm lamb and add to the salad. Scatter with feta, lemon rind, dressing and mint to serve.