Lemon chicken with olives
A super simple chicken dish. This is a new twist on an old family classic with the addition of delicious, salty olives.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Separate the chicken legs into drumsticks and thighs.
- Rub the chicken pieces all over with olive oil, then with cinnamon and turmeric and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven pan and drizzle with liquid honey. Arrange the thinly sliced lemon slices over the chicken pieces. Surround chicken with the stock, bay leaves and olives. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, mix cornflour with two tablespoons of cold water and stir into sauce.
- Bake uncovered for a further 30 minutes (depending on size of chicken legs) or until golden brown and the chicken is cooked. Garnish with parsley or coriander.
Goes well with