Lemon chicken with olives
( SERVES 4 )
A super simple chicken dish. This is a new twist on an old family classic with the addition of delicious, salty olives.
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C.
- Separate the chicken legs into drumsticks and thighs.
- Rub the chicken pieces all over with olive oil, then with cinnamon and turmeric, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven pan and drizzle with liquid honey.
- Arrange the thinly sliced lemon slices over the chicken pieces. Surround chicken with the stock, bay leaves and olives.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, mix cornflour with two tablespoons of cold water and stir into sauce.
- Bake uncovered for a further 30 minutes (depending on size of chicken legs) or until golden brown and the chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander.
Goes well with