Spiced chickpea and lentil soup
( SERVES 4 )
This is so simple to prepare and produces super flavours that are just as good the next day.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the bundle of herb stems.
- Add chickpeas, lentils and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Discard the herb stems.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, chilli and lime seasoning and tomatoes. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Chop reserved herb heads and stir in with lemon juice.
Cook's tip: We used Gregg’s Chilli and Lime Seasoning, but you could substitute with chilli flakes to taste, if desired