Apple, beetroot & chicken salad with sesame dressing
An attractive summery salad packed full of colour, texture and flavour.
|1 can||Baby beetroot, 400g|
|1 packet||Cos lettuce leaves|
|2 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted|
|2 Tbsp||Sesame seeds, lightly toasted|
- Place chicken in a saucepan and cover with water and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Cool and refrigerate until required.
- Drain beetroot and cut into quarters. Place the dressing ingredients in a screwtop jar. Screw lid on tightly and shake to combine.
- Slice the cucumber into long strands, using a vegetable peeler. Discard seeds.
- Peel, core and finely slice the apple and chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a large platter and scatter apple, cucumber, beetroot and chicken over lettuce. Top with pumpkin and sesame seeds, and drizzle with dressing.
Tip: Chicken can be cooked beforehand and the salad assembled at the last minute.