Courgette filo pastries
The English say courgette, the Italians zucchini but, whatever you call it, this fabulous summer vegetable is popular the world over. These versatile pastries can be folded into smaller triangles, either lunch-size or bite-size.
- Preheat oven to 190 degC. Heat oil in a frying pan and gently cook the chopped onion and garlic until softened but not browned.
- Add anchovies, stir until melted and set aside.
- Meanwhile, grate courgettes and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Combine courgettes, onion mixture, feta, pine nuts, parsley, currants, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry with melted butter, then place a second sheet on top, brush again and place another sheet on top. Make a separate stack with the remaining three sheets. Cut each pastry stack in half.
- Place a quarter of courgette mixture in the middle of each piece of filo, then bring opposite edges of the pastry together and press edges to form neat parcels. Brush with remaining melted butter.
- Place filo parcels on a greased baking tray and cook for around 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.