Beef with Red Wine and Mushrooms
This rich and delicious meal is the perfect treat to make for a loved one on Valentine's Day.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add onion (finely chopped) and garlic (crushed and chopped) and gently cook until tender. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat and pour over red wine. Allow to simmer and reduce, then add beef stock, mustard and thyme to the pan.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced and sauce has thickened.
- Heat a barbecue or frying pan and brush steaks with oil.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of the meat and personal preference.
- Allow cooked steaks to rest for a few minutes prior to serving.
- Serve steaks with mushroom sauce, potato wedges and salad.