Cumin and lemon chicken hot pot
When you come home after a demanding day, that distinctive aroma from the slow cooker makes everything seem easier.
|1 Tbsp||Cumin seeds, ground|
|1 kg||Chicken thigh, skinless,boneless and cut into chunks, 3 x 7 cm|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 tsp||Lemon pepper|
|4 cloves||Garlic, peeled and finely chopped|
|2 cups||Pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-3 cm chunks|
|1 cup||Courgette, cut into 1 cm pieces|
|1||Leek, large, sliced|
|1 cup||Button mushrooms|
|1 cup||Celery, sliced|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh thyme|
|2 Tbsp||White wine|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|1 Tbsp||Cumin seeds|
|4 Tbsp||Packet gravy, Bisto light brown|
- Mix the first seven ingredients (chicken thighs, ground cumin seeds, sesame oil, lemon pepper, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, zest of 1 lemon) together and marinate for 15 minutes a bowl.
- Place the vegetables in the order given into the Crock-Pot. Place the chicken and the marinade on top.
- Add the thyme, stock and white wine.
- Season, place lid on Crock-Pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After six hours place 1/2 cup liquid from Crock-Pot in a small bowl and mix in Bisto and cumin.
- Combine this to make a paste, add to casserole, mix thoroughly. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Serve accompanied with hearty hunks of crusty bread.