Tuna mayo nori rolls
Sushi rolls are a healthy and interesting option for school lunch boxes. Let the kids help you roll them the night before.
- In a small bowl, combine mirin, vinegar and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds to warm, then stir to dissolve sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook sushi rice according to packet instructions. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes, then spread evenly onto a large tray. While rice is still hot, sprinkle with mirin and vinegar mixture and refrigerate until cold.
- Mix together the drained tuna, spring onion and mayonnaise.
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your fingers and press rice in a single 5mm layer all over nori, leaving a 3cm border on each of the long ends. Make a line of tuna filling inside the rice and a line of carrot, avocado and cucumber.
- Using the mat as a guide, roll to enclose the filling. Wet the nori paper along the border to seal the roll. Repeat with remaining nori sheets.
- Cut rolls in half or into thirds.