Coconut jelly with passionfruit
While jelly is usually associated with children's birthday parties, there is also a whole range of sophisticated jelly desserts that are great for grown-ups.
- Place coconut cream, cream and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves, then remove pan from the heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Place 1/4 cup cold water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle over the gelatine and stir to combine. Leave for 2 minutes. Heat a small amount of water in a saucepan until simmering, then remove from heat and sit the bowl of gelatine in the pan (without getting any of the water in the bowl) until the gelatine is completely liquid. Mix the liquid gelatine into the coconut mixture.
- Pour the coconut mixture into four small ramekins. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Scoop out passionfruit pulp and gently mix in a bowl until loose.
- Turn the coconut jelly out onto dessert plates and drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
Tip: To help turn jellies out, sit ramekins on a warm, wet tea towel for 1 or 2 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of ramekins to loosen.