Sago is a mild, sweet pudding similar to tapioca. Try this for a delicious, traditional Malaysian dessert. This dessert is also dairy-free.
- Place palm sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Stir over a moderate heat to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil, then remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add salt and cook the sago for 15 minutes or sago granules are transparent. Drain well.
- Add coconut milk to the sago and stir.
- Spoon sago into four greased ramekin dishes.
- Turn sago out from ramekins, then pour over a little coconut milk and palm sugar syrup.
- Serve at once.