Lamb shoulder rack
( SERVES 4 )
- Cut racks in half so you have four portions. Toss them in the flour mixed with the dried herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tbsp oil in large frypan.
- Cook the lamb for about 2 minutes each side and place in Crock-Pot.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, then add the onion and garlic. Move it around the pan, collecting any residue and “crusty bits” from the bottom of the pan.
- Add any leftover seasoned flour and the can of tomatoes. Cook a few minutes and add Worcestershire sauce and fresh herbs.
- After a few minutes’ gentle cooking, pour this over the lamb in the Crock-Pot. Cover and leave for 9 hours on low. Do not lift the lid to check progress.
Cook's tip: Serve this with mashed potatoes, as the sauce with this lamb is full of flavour and not to be wasted. You can add a slosh of red wine to the Crock-Pot – the acidity will add to the mix.