In New Zealand we are so very lucky to have a magnificent supply of fresh seafood right on our doorstep. This recipe for mussel fritters is sure to please a hungry crowd!
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Remove the steamed open mussels from their shells and roughly chop.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and mix in chopped spinach leaves, sweet chilli sauce, salt, pepper, mussels and flour.
- Heat a little butter in a large frying pan until sizzling.
- Place a few large spoonfuls of batter in the pan and cook for 2 minutes until golden. Flip fritters and cook the other side.
- Transfer fritters to a baking dish and place in the oven to completely cook through. Continue cooking fritters until batter is all used up.
- Serve with lemon wedges.