Coconut chicken slaw
This twist on traditional coleslaw makes a delicious dinner. If serving as an accompaniment to other meat, omit the chicken.
- Place the coconut cream and 1/2 a cup of cold water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the skinned chicken breasts and gently poach until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the chicken to a bowl along with the liquid. Refrigerate until cold.
- Combine chopped cabbage, grated carrot, chopped cucumber, herbs, peanuts and crispy noodles in a large bowl.
- Combine chilli sauce, garlic, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tbsp of coconut cooking liquid in a small bowl.
- Finely slice the chicken and toss through the salad. Drizzle with dressing.