It doesn't have to be Easter to indulge in these chocolate bunny treats. And the kids will love decorating the bunnies with their favourite icing and sweets.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Place golden syrup, sugar and 1 tbsp of water in a large saucepan.
- Stir over a gentle heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove pan from the heat, then add butter and baking soda, mixing until butter is melted.
- Add combined cocoa and flour, then mix to form a firm dough. Allow dough to cool.
- Roll out the dough and carefully cut into bunny shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place shapes on a cold tray and bake for 12 minutes until crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and decorate with icing.