Pork with hokkien noodles
Hokkien mee refers to fried noodles cooked in Hokkien (Fujian) style. Made from wheat, hokkien noodles come in thick or thin varieties.
- Place thinly sliced pork in a shallow dish along with soy sauce, 2cm piece finely sliced ginger, garlic, hoisin and oyster sauces.
- Cook noodles according to packet directions, drain well.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok and quickly cook pork over a high heat until golden and cooked through.
- Cook bok choy (sliced in half) in boiling water until just wilted.
- Arrange noodles, pork, bok choy and sprouts on plates, sprinkle with lightly toasted peanuts, and serve.