Chocolate yoghurt cake
The chocolate yoghurt cake is a fabulous dessert option for an Easter dinner or for any other time of the year when you need a chocolate lift.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 24cm spring-form cake pan. Place butter and sugars in a bowl and beat well until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently mix in yoghurt, vanilla essence and then sifted dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tests cooked.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a cake rack. Leave until cold and then cover with ganache.
- To make the ganache, place dark chocolate and cream in a small saucepan, then stir over a gentle heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Decorate with baby Easter eggs.