Oxfordshire cider cake
( SERVES 6 )
Ready in 1 hour, serves 6
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Cider, we used Old Mout Cider|
- Preheat oven to 160C fan bake.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the well-beaten eggs.
- Divide flour in half. In one half, stir in the ground nutmeg and baking soda. Place the remaining flour to one side.
- To the nutmeg-soda flour, add cider and beat to a froth. Stir frothy mix into creamed mixture. Beat it all together.
- Sift in the reserved flour and fold together gently.
- Place in a greased and paper-lined 18cm cake tin and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Place icing sugar, rind and butter in a bowl and mix well. Add juice to achieve desired consistency. Ice cake once cool.