Chicken and leek risotto
This gluten free risotto is rich and fragrant. To make crispy leek, quickly cook finely sliced leek in hot oil until crisp.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and cook leek until tender.
- At the same time, heat chicken stock in a saucepan and poach chicken until cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and slice thinly.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the grains with butter.
- Add stock a little at a time, stirring until the rice absorbs the stock. Repeat until all the stock is used and the rice is cooked - approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir through the chicken and parmesan cheese, then season to taste and serve. Add extra shaved parmesan and crispy leek for garnish.