Fried rice is a popular takeaway dish. Make your own at home by cooking the rice the night before and then refrigerating it until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a wok over a high heat and add cooked but cold rice, breaking up any clumps.
- Add soy sauce, shrimps, chopped ham, shredded and cooked chicken, veges and sliced spring onion, and toss well.
- Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, until ingredients are hot.
- Pour in the lightly whisked eggs and toss continuously until egg has set - this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Spoon fried rice into serving bowls and serve hot, topped with cashew nuts and extra spring onion, if desired.