Pan-fried fish on parsnip whip
( SERVES 4 )
Add some lemon to this delicious fish dish to give it an extra zesty kick.
- Peel parsnips and chop into chunks. Place in a saucepan with cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Cook until parsnips are tender. Drain well.
- Place parsnip in a blender with garlic, milk and parmesan, and whizz until smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil and add lemon rind.
- The resulting mixture should be a smooth puree. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, rinse spinach and remove tough stems. Place in a saucepan, cover, and cook until just wilted.
- Dust fish with flour that has been seasoned with a little salt. Heat oil in a frypan and quickly cook fish for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Spread some parsnip whip on each plate, then cover with wilted spinach and top with a piece of fish and a slice of lemon.