Chicken thighs with mustard sauce
|4||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tsp||Mustard powder|
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Combine onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and dry mustard and pour over the chicken in dish.
- Cover and leave to stand in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours. 3. Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and pat dry. Heat oil and butter in frying pan. Add chicken thighs and cook over a high heat, turning until an even light brown colour.
- Remove browned chicken and place in ovenproof baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with lemon mustard sauce.
- To make the sauce: Melt butter in saucepan. Add vegetables, then cover and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add wine and stock. Simmer for 30 minutes. Strain sauce and return to a clean saucepan. Add mustards and sugar to sauce.
- Combine lemon juice and cornflour in a small bowl. Add to the sauce. 6. Stir until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Season to taste.
- Chop butter into small cubes and whisk into sauce. Simmer for a further minute. Pour sauce over the chicken and bake.