Pork and noodle broth
( SERVES 2 )
This Asian inspired dish is the perfect dinner for those cooler autumn evenings.
- Place chicken stock in a large saucepan along with ginger (cut into matchsticks), chilli (seeds removed and chopped finely), star anise and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rub pork fillet with hoisin sauce. Heat oil in a small frying pan and quickly cook pork on a high heat for 3 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Add noodles to the stock, separating them with a fork as they soften. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Split bok choy in half down the middle and add to the broth along with mung bean sprouts.
- Slice pork diagonally into thin slices.
- Divide broth between two bowls, ensuring that noodles and bok choy are distributed evenly between both. Top with slices of pork and serve.