Nasi goreng is Indonesion for 'fried rice'. This is an easy one dish meal, perfect to feed the whole family.
- Heat a wok or a large frying pan until hot. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and tilt the pan so it covers the base. Pour in the eggs and tilt the pan again to get a thin layer of egg.
- Once the egg is cooked, tip it out of the pan, roll it up into a log and slice thinly.
- Heat remaining oil and cook onion, carrot and chicken, tossing at times, until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add bean sprouts, sauces and lettuce, then toss until well mixed.
- Sprinkle over the rice and cook until piping hot. Check flavours and add more of the sauces if you like.
- Add omelette strips and divide among serving bowls.