Use a little of the water from the cooked mussels for a great flavour addition to this soup.
- Defrost the seafood marina mix in the fridge overnight.
- Put mussels (remove beards) into a large saucepan with 5cm of water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 2 minutes or until shells have opened. Remove mussel meat from shells.
- Heat butter in another saucepan. Add finely chopped bacon rashers, finely chopped red capsicum and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in milk and fish stock. Add grated potatoes and stir over a high heat until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes so the potatoes cook. If it gets too thick add a little fish stock or water.
- Add marinara mix, chopped mussels, spring onions and parsley. Reheat mixture without boiling.
Cook's tip: You can also add corn, peas and mixed vegetables to this chowder if you desire.