Sweet and sour chicken
Inspired by the tastes of Asia, this mid-week chicken meal combines fresh chilli, ginger and pineapple for a taste sensation.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry chilli, grated fresh ginger and ground black pepper for 1 minute.
- Add sliced onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add red capsicum and chopped chicken thighs or breasts, then cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add drained baby corn and pineapple chunks (reserve 100ml juice for later use) , then cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk pineapple juice, tomato sauce, caster sugar, rice wine (or sherry), finely grated rind of 1 lime , juice of 2 limes and cornflour until smooth, then pour into a separate pan.
- Simmer, stirring for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Toss with noodles and thinly sliced spring onions.