Crunchy crumbed fish with no-fry fries
A low fat take on fish and chips, this recipe uses omega-3 rich salmon for an extra health kick.
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Put potatoes, sliced into rounds, with skin on into a large pan of cold water with the stock cube, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until frothy. Add the potatoes and oil, then transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, cut salmon into 2.5cm-thick strips. Brush each strip with a thin layer of pesto.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a tray and roll the salmon until evenly coated. T
- ransfer to a baking tray that's lined with non-stick baking paper and cook in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with the "fries" and tartare sauce.