One-pot smokey lamb
A delicious winter warmer, this lamb meal can be made in one pot and will feed the whole family.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|800 g||Lamb, neck fillet, cut into 3cm cubes|
|1||Onion, large, peeled and sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, large, chopped|
|1½ Tbsp||Plain flour|
|1 pinch||Chilli powder|
|¼ tsp||Sweet smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||Dried oregano|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes, diced|
|300 ml||Vegetable stock|
|1||Red capsicum, roasted, with skin and seeds removed|
|½ cup||Kalamata olives, pitted|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. T
- oss the lamb in the flour and fry in batches until browned all over.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, chilli and paprika and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Return the lamb to the pan along with the oregano, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until really tender.
- Slice the capsicum and add to the pan along with the olives and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with parsley.