Cheesy gnocchi bake
This recipe combines the delicious soft taste of gnocchi with cheese and vegetables for a mouth-watering bake to please the whole family.
You can use store-bought gnocchi or you can make your own by following this homemade potato gnocchi recipe.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add flour. Stir and cook over a gentle heat for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk while bringing to the boil and allowing to thicken.
- Add ¾ cup cheese. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, then cook gnocchi and cauliflower for 1 to 2 mins, or until gnocchi rises to the surface. Drain.
- Wash spinach and place in a saucepan. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted.
- In a gratin dish, combine cooked gnocchi, cauliflower, spinach and cheese sauce. Layer half the sliced tomatoes on top, then combine the rest of the ingredients, finishing with a layer of tomatoes.
- Scatter over the remaining cheese, season with black pepper and bake for 10 minutes until golden.