Apple and Blueberry Shortcake Crumble
These cute crumbles made in muffin tins are the perfect size for dessert. Serve them wtih a generous dollop of cream on the side.
- Place apples in saucepan with 2 tbsp of the sugar, plus cardamom and 2 tbsp water.
- Cover the saucepan and place over a medium heat, cooking apples gently until they are tender, then set the saucepan aside to cool.
- Line a tray of 12 nonstick muffin cups with pastry and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place butter (chilled), flour, coconut and remaining sugar in a bowl and rub in butter until mixture resembles crumbs and then mix in macadamia nuts.
- Spoon cooled apple over the pastry cups and then sprinkle with blueberries. Cover with topping and bake until pastry is crisp and topping is golden.