Chunky chilli casserole
Everyone loves a good, hearty casserole on a cold winter's evening.
- Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish, add chopped steak and bacon and brown for 4 to 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Put in the rest of the oil and fry sliced onion, sliced celery, chopped (and de-seeded) chillies, chopped carrots and courgette for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and paprika and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the passata or pasta sauce and stock to the casserole with the steak. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley to serve.