Cinnamon walnut twists
These twists are easy to make and perfect for a picnic - in winter or summer!
- Preheat oven to 220 degC. Mix sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Grate in chilled butter, then rub mixture with fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in the milk and water. Quickly mix together with a knife.
- Tip dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle approx 20 x 30cm.
- Cut the dough into 3cm-wide strips and sprinkle each strip with the cinnamon mixture.
- Gently twist the strips from each end and then place on a cold baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden.