Creamy chicken bake
Minimum fuss, maximum taste! A deliciously, creamy chicken dish which can be baked in the oven.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|600 g||Chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut in large chunks|
|2||Leeks, large, sliced|
|250 g||Button mushrooms, halved|
|250 g||Ham, thick-cut, roughly chopped|
|¾ cup||White wine, dry|
|¾ cup||Chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Tarragon, chopped|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Breadcrumbs, white|
|1 Tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
- Heat oven to 190 degC. Heat oil in a frypan and fry chicken for 10 mins until golden.
- Transfer to ovenproof dish. Add the ham, leeks and mushrooms to pan. Sauté, then add to dish.
- Melt butter in a pan, add flour and stir for 1 min over medium heat. Pour in wine and cook, stirring until thick, then gradually add stock, stirring until smooth.
- Cook for 1 min then stir in cream, tarragon and mustard. Season to taste, then pour over the chicken.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parsley and oil, and scatter on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until bubbling and golden.