Green goodness pasta
Pesto, pine nuts and pasta are an unbeatable combination. With the addition of green vegetables, this becomes a hearty and delicious mid-week dinner.
- Cook the pasta (fettucine or spaghetti) in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender.
- Squeeze grated courgettes between paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the thinly sliced broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the crushed garlic and courgettes and cook on a high heat for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, reserving 2 tbsp of cooking water. Add the pesto to the pasta and toss together. Stir the vegetables and lemon zest and juice of half a lemon into the pasta.
- 5. Season well and serve with toasted pine nuts and grated parmesan cheese.