Golden roast chicken with lemon
Roast chicken is one of the easiest and tastiest meals to make. The addition of parsley and lemon gives this delicious recipe an extra kick.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and place in a roasting dish. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over juice of half a lemon.
- Put the squeezed lemon inside the cavity of the chicken and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until the juices run clear when you insert a skewer between the thigh and the breast.
- Mix remaining ingredients together, including grated zest of one lemon, season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle over cooked chicken.
- Serve on a platter with accompanying veges or salad.