Kumara and watercress soup
This soup can be prepared ahead of time and is good to freeze.
- Place oil in a large saucepan and gently cook garlic, celery and onion until tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the kumara, then add to the pan along with chicken stock, and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until kumara is tender. Add most of the watercress, setting aside a few leaves to garnish. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend soup in batches in a blender or food processor, then return to pan. Check flavours and season as needed. If too thick, dilute with more stock.
- Serve soup in bowls, each with a dollop of sour cream and a few leaves of watercress.