This risotto is made with a few simple ingredients. You can create simple variations by substituting vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan or casserole dish.
- Add peeled and chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add rice, coat in oil, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, a ladleful at a time. Keep stirring until most of the stock has been absorbed before adding the next ladleful.
- Add the frozen vegetables (any mix you like) with the last ladle of stock and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in butter, grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice to taste and rocket leaves (optional). Season and serve.