Beef Stew with White Beans and Pancetta
This Italian-style winter favourite is a great winter warmer.
- Cut steak into 3cm peices. Toss steak in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown steak in batches. Transfer meat to a large cast-iron saucepan after browning.
- Add pancetta and vegetables to the pan, with a little extra oil if necessary, and cook gently until onion is tender.
- Increase heat and add wine. Allow to bubble for a minute.
- Transfer ingredients to the casserole dish and add rosemary, thyme, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to the pan for the last 20 minutes of cooking.