Smoked fishcakes and tartare sauce
If you are planning a dinner party, why not let your oceanic flair shine through with delectable fish cakes.
- Chop watercress or rocket, reserving about 2 tbsp, and put in a bowl. Add flaked fish and cooled mashed potato and season well.
- Shape mixture into eight patties, then chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Lightly whisk the egg in a shallow bowl, dip the fishcakes in the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a good splash of oil in a large frying pan and fry the fishcakes until golden on both sides.
- Mix the crème fraiche with finely chopped gherkins, rinsed and chopped capers, horseradish sauce, chopped dill and reserved watercress.
- Season and serve with the fishcakes, a salad and fries.