Potato, olive and rosemary bread
This mediterranean inspired bread can be baked in a loaf pan or an oiled roasting dish. This is an impressive dish that not only tastes great, it looks amazing as well!
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roughly chop potatoes and cook in a saucepan of salted water until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving water. Place potatoes with ½ cup of potato water into the bowl of a food processor and process until a smooth puree. Remove to a bowl and add chopped up butter, then leave to cool.
- Mix yeast, sugar, salt and water together in a small bowl, leave 10 minutes until frothy and then add to potato mix along with the flour and mix to a soft dough. Add more potato water if the mixture is too dry, or a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes until it's smooth and pliable. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover bowl, put in a warm spot and leave for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide in half. Place dough in oiled loaf pans, cover and leave to rise in a warm spot for another 45 minutes.
- Brush tops of loaves with oil and stud with olives. Scatter over rosemary leaves and sea salt.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when the base of the pan is tapped.