Parsnip and smoked fish roulade
This is a great first course to serve at a dinner party. Serve with a simple salad and an extra dollop of mayonnaise.
|½ cup||Walnuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped|
|3||Parsnips, medium, peeled and roughly chopped|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
- Preheat oven to 200degC. Line a 25 x 32cm pan with baking paper.
- Cook parsnips in a saucepan with salted water until tender, drain well and mash.
- Melt butter in a pan, then stir in flour and mustard. Slowly add milk, whisking until it comes to the boil to form a thick sauce. Fold in parsnip mash.
- Separate eggs and add yolks to parsnip mix. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and then fold gently through parsnip mix . Scatter walnuts over the baking paper and then pour mixture on top. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Turn roulade out onto a piece of baking paper, scatter over fish and spoon over mayonnaise. Roll up into a pinwheel from the long side with help of baking paper.
- Turn onto a serving platter and slice into thick rounds.