Mustardy chicken bake
Photo by Tam West
This incredibly comforting bake is as easy to make as it is to eat. If you don't have fresh tarragon, fry some chopped sage in with the onion at step 2. You could add some mushrooms in at this stage too.
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- In a large pan, melt butter and cook onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and golden.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add mustard and season well. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, then stir in crème fraiche, tarragon and cooked chicken.
- Spoon into a large oven-proof dish. Mix breadcrumbs, grated tasty cheese, fresh chopped parsley and olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper, then scatter over the top.
- Bake 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.