Oven baked mushroom risotto
The oven provides a different way to create a delicious risotto. This recipe is also vegetarian friendly, should you have any special dietary needs.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Melt half the butter in a large, heavy-based pan over a low heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, then increase the heat and stir in the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in rice, coating it well with the butter. Cook for 2 minutes, then add wine and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then transfer to a ceramic oven dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed.
- Breaking up rice with a fork, add grated parmesan and remaining butter.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then stir in parsley.
- Serve scattered with parmesan.