Irish stew is traditionally made from lamb, beef or mutton. We have used lamb in this delicious version of the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Cut lamb steaks into 4 cm pieces and roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in pan and brown steaks in batches. Place in ovenproof baking dish.
- Add onions, carrots and parsnip and potatoes, then cook until lightly browned. Add to meat.
- Pour over stock. Cook for 1 to 1½ hours, or you could cook in a slow cooker on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add washed and chopped spinach and cook a further ½ hour.
- Serve in large bowls with crusty bread.