Sticky date and chocolate puddings
This saucy and delectable dessert is the perfect thing to impress your guests over the dinner table.
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|50 g||Dark chocolate|
- Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water, then place dates (pitted and chopped) in a bowl and cover with the baking soda mixture. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Beat butter and sugar until well mixed, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Sift over the flour and mix in along with dates and chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon batter into 8 greased muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until springy on top.
- While puddings are cooking, make a sauce by gently melting the brown sugar, cream, vanilla and butter in a small saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Serve warm puddings in a pool of sauce, with ice cream.