Pork, kumara and ginger marmalade casserole
This low fat casserole is quick to assemble and it can be left simmering away in the oven until dinner time.
- Preheat oven to 160 degC. Heat oil in a large frying pan, brown pork in batches and then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Reduce heat and gently cook onion, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander until onion is just tender. Place in casserole with pork.
- Peel and chop the kumara and add to casserole along with the stock, marmalade and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring once during cooking.
- If liquid needs thickening at the end of cooking, add 1 to 2 tbsp cornflour mixed to a paste with cooled cooking liquid and cook for a further 15 minutes.