Easy lemon chicken
( SERVES 4 )
This great recipe will serve the entire family straight from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a shallow pan. Place the potatoes around the chicken in the same pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Combine vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning together. Brush the mixture onto the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the chicken is done and the potatoes are tender when tested with a fork.
- After 50 minutes, we gave it another 10 minutes at 200C for the extra colour as they were large pieces of chicken.
Goes well with
Alternatively, try it with herb bread. To make the spread, crush garlic and mix with softened butter, then add some finely chopped fresh green herbs – such as parsley, basil and oregano. Smear over the bread slices and wrap in tin foil. Cook until warmed through.