Sultana and grapefruit marmalade cake
This delicious variation of a classic sultana cake can be served warm with a dollop of thick yoghurt.
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Line the sides and base of a 23cm ring pan.
- Place sultanas in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Drain well.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in marmalade.
- Sift over flour and baking powder. Add milk and gently mix in along with sultanas.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Place sugar, water and marmalade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and pour over hot cake while still in cake pan.