Asparagus and broad bean carbonara
This wonderfully tasty pasta is perfect for a cool night and the bacon can be excluded if cooking for vegetarians.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until just tender, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, grill or pan-fry bacon until crisp and then roughly chop.
- Cook asparagus for 5 to 6 minutes in boiling salted water until able to bend without snapping. Add broad beans to the water for the last minute of cooking. Drain water from vegetables and set aside.
- Lightly whisk cream and egg yolks and pour over hot pasta. Mix well. Place pan over a gentle heat and stir, adding a little pasta water to make a sauce.
- Stir through bacon, asparagus, broad beans and parmesan, and serve.