Banana Tarte Tartin
Your family will love this pastry dish, perfect for those summer nights. The generous size means plenty of second helpings can be served.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the sugar and cream, and stir to remove any lumps. Add the dark rum and bring to the boil, remove from heat.
- Peel the bananas and slice diagonally into thick slices.
- Arrange the banana in the base of a 26cm tart pan. Pour syrup over the bananas. Cover with a pastry sheet and then slice strips from the second pastry to tuck around the edges, down the side of the pan to the base. These provide sides for the tart when it is turned out.
- Prick pastry with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Loosen the sides of the pastry with a knife, then turn out onto a large plate.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cream.