Pumpkin spice bread
This loaf also freezes really well – so why not double the recipe and make one for later as well?
- Preheat oven to 160 degC on fan bake. Lightly butter (to grease) and flour (to grease) one 23 x 13cm loaf pan.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups of flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, vegetable oil, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 2/3 cup water until well blended.
- Turn the mixer to low and combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Cook's tip: If your family members are not that keen on pumpkin, don’t tell them the name of this loaf! They will never know and just think it’s a delicious, spicy bread. This loaf also freezes really well – so why not double the recipe and make one for later as well?